The next product I wanted to share details about is the Alastin™ Restorative Eye Treatment™. As with the other products from this line I have reviewed, the eye product contains their, patent pending, TriHex Technology™. This combination of peptides helps our skin perform its best. The peptides help your skin cells to communicate better and form new collagen and elastin. The elastin in the eye area will help to firm and minimize puffiness in the area. Sounds good to me!
Along with the Restorative Skin Complex™, I have been using this eye product twice a day. I do feel it has firmed my eye tissue, minimize fine lines AND helps with puffiness in the mornings. This eye product is meant to be used on both the upper and lower lids. On the upper lids it can create a lift as the skin thickens and tightens.
The key ingredients are:
- Alastin Tri-Hex Technology™- As mentioned, a blend of peptides to stimulate collagen/elastin.
- Niacinamide (Vit B3) and Squalane- Helps to even skin tone and brighten the eye area.
- Albizia Julibrissin Bark Extract (Mimosa Tree)- Anti inflammatory/calming benefits and decreased glycation (when sugars break down our cells).
- Darutoside- Anti inflammatory/reduces capillary leakage diminishing dark circles and has an antihistamine effect.
- Ornithine- Volumizer/helps support adipocytes (fat cells) to maintain youthful volume. *this will not create bags or too much volume
- Trumellafuciformis Sporocarp Extract and Sodium Hyaluronate- Hydrators. Keep the skin plump and minimize fine lines.
- Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspoymer- Light diffusing, diminishes appearance of fine lines.
- Propyl Gallate (from oats, soothing) Epigallocatechin Gallatyl Glucoside (from green tea)- Improves appearance of under eye dark circles.
The eye area is one of the first to show evidence of aging, so starting the use of a quality eye cream with effective active ingredients sooner rather than later is worth our while. It is easier to prevent than it is to correct!