This is the time of year when we tend to consider new beginnings and come up with resolutions for the upcoming year. If you’re feeling like you look tired and could use a pick-me-up, consider revisiting your skin care routine, and consider aesthetic treatments to compliment your appearance.
Here are a few suggestions to consider:
- Make sure you are using a sunscreen with zinc or titanium EVERY DAY. (Love Elta MD® SPF 40 Daily for normal/dry skin and Elta MD® SPF 36 Clear for normal/dry skin: both contain 9% zinc)
- Incorporate an antioxidant on a daily basis as there is unequivocal evidence that our skin benefits from this. (SkinCeuticals® CE Ferulic® is great for normal/dry skin, while SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF® is a good choice for normal/oily skin)
- Add a Retinol or Retinoid to your routine because, again, there is unequivocal evidence that it benefits our skin. (love Neocutis® Nouvelle+ which also contains a skin brightening complex)
- If you are really noticing the effects of aging on your skin add a growth factor and use if for a full 3 months before you decide if you love it or hate it. I recommend Neocutis Bioserum® or SkinMedica TNS Essential Serum®.
- Drink plenty of water or uncaffeinated beverages every day as our skin thrives with hydration. (try for an 8 oz serving every hour or every other hour)
- Consider renewing your skin and thinning the stratum corneum (the non-living layer of cells on the surface) which will brighten your complexion and fade hyperpigmentation. (a series of peels such as the VI Peel®)
Most of us (at least based on my informal survey of those I know) have resolutions regarding our weight and diet (year after year after year). Be encouraged that eating well and incorporating the “good fats” and omegas in to our diet also has skin benefits. Food is medicine, and our skin usually gives away whether we are feeding it with a healthy diet as opposed to a lot of junk food which increases inflammation and can ultimately break down collagen and elastin.
I hope 2016 is everything you want it to be and that you are successful with your resolutions! Cheers! Celebrate safely!
As always, the mentioned products are available at TOC Medical Spa 🙂